Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dinner With Kay



My best friend in 5th grade was Kay Fritz....and she has continued to be my best friend ever since. There have been times when we have gone for years without seeing each other or even speaking to each other. In fact, I lost track of her about eight years ago. Well, she found me on facebook last week! Would you believe she lives fairly close to us?! Sort of anyway. About a twenty minute drive. At least for the next two weeks when she'll be moving...it'll be a forty minute drive then!

We met up last night at Islands Burger for dinner. It was wonderful. It was like we'd never been apart. We just picked up where we left off. It was three hours of laughing, eating, talking, and just having a great time. It was so fun being with her again. We're both looking forward to spending more time together. We may even invite the husbands next time!

I'm so thankful for friends. Heavenly Father certainly knew what he was doing when he "invented" girlfriends! Where would we be without friends? I remember in grade school learning a song with the words, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other is gold". How true. But, eventually, new friends become old friends and your life is surrounded with gold! Just a thought!

Family and friends. Life is good.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

How fun for you! I am hoping to see you when I come down April 8th-11th! So am I gold... :) LOL

Take care!

mom said...

I would love to see you when you come down! I always love spending time with my "golden" friends! Make sure you call me.

McRae Family said...

What a fun night, mom! You're so right about friends. They make our lives so much happier and fun! Glad you guys found eachother!

G Gang said...

Hey Mamaseita! You are so right about friends. And I have you to thank for raising such a kind, wonderful, loving daughter that is one of my greatest friends. Love you guys!!