Saturday, March 20, 2010

Catch Up




I can't believe it's been this long since my last post...actually I can. It seems I blog as well as I journal. Not my strong suit at all. But, and I know I've said this before, I'm going to try harder.

I really can't even catch you up on all that has happened because I don't remember! My memory is awful and I seems to have passed this fine quality on to Valerie! Sorry, Val.

So I'll just say that we went to Seattle in February to spent time with our three beautiful granddaughters. We had a wonderful time. They are growing so fast. I miss them and wish we could all live closer. Or one of us could win the lottery so we could afford to visit every week! My fantasy is to buy a house in Seattle so we could summer there and winter here in Arizona! I really don't think that's asking to much, do you?

We are now planning a trip to Vegas. We usually go in August and meet up with Barron's brother and sister. This year we have decided we need some alone time. So we're going in April while it's still cool. The problem in August is that it's just to dang hot and we don't get to walk around outside very much. We love doing that. Anyway, we're looking forward to some time alone. You know, alone........me, Barron, and a slot machine! KIDDING....sort of!

It'll be interesting to see how long I go before I blog again. At least I haven't gone a whole year! Later....love you all.

2 comments:

McRae Family said...

Mom, I'm so proud of you for blogging again! And I don't totally blame you for the memory thing...I know you didn't do it on purpose....but it's definitely from you. I like to have someone to blame for my problems, ya know. Anyway, glad to see you're back. I was looking at the picture from your last post and both of us had shorter hair. It kind of makes me want to cut mine off again. Why do we women always do that? We cut our hair off and love it then when we get bored we grow it out. And as soon as we get it to the length we want it, we cut it off again....its such a stupid cycle!

mom said...

I had noticed the hair thing too....only I thought I'm so glad I grew it out! I think it looks better long. Or maybe it just makes me feel a bit younger. I was noticing my "roots" this morning....holy cow am I ever getting gray! I took a moment and said a prayer of thanks for you, Val. I don't think I actually realize how gray I am because you always take such good care of me! Thank you.