Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Theresa The Invalid


Monday I spent the night with Theresa. She wouldn't give me her bed so I made her share it. She actually was very nice about it. I even managed to get a good two thirds of it without her complaining AT ALL!! I think she knew that she would be at my mercy the rest of the week and knew better than to rock the boat!

Her surgery went very well. The doctor talked to me right after and said that the tear in her tendon was substanual and she had every right to complain about the pain she had been in. Plus it was fill with fluid which didn't help matters. He even took a picture of it that he'll show her next week at her apt. Said he would make her a copy for her scrapbook....or blog!

I brought her back to my house from the hospital so she could recover here. So far she's been really good. Although if she doesn't stop saying, "Mom could you please"....I'm going to gag her and put her in the closet for the rest of the week! Not really. Just gag her. Not really. Truth be told, she's been really good. Although she did throw up in the car on the way home....that was swell. She barfed into a plastic bag and I got to look at it all the way home! YUCK. Then she threw up again this morning when dad helped her into OUR bed....good thing she had a bowl and managed to get it all in there....unlike when Nathan pukes! Good times.

When we finally got out of bed, I made her a nice breakfast. She took two bites and thought she would throw up again. And I really knocked myself out making a nice breakfast. Valerie loves my breakfasts and would NEVER say it made her sick!

It's actually been nice having her here. It's company through the day. I even made her play a game with me this morning. We played "Sequence". I won the first game and she won the second one. We both like to win so it was brutal with neither of us giving the other a break!

She really does whine alot. I came into the bedroom to blog and she wanted to come in so she wouldn't be in the family room alone. It sounds inocent enough but in reality, moving her is such an ordeal. I have to help her up, give her the crutches, and make sure she doesn't fall. No lie, it takes ten minutes to move her ten feet! She has to take a break every couple of feet and cries over how hard it is. BooHoo! Getting her into a chair or on the couch is fairly entertaining. She positions herself in front of the chair and lets herself flop down. My furniture was already on the way out but this will insure I get new stuff alot sooner. If you think Theresa should go halves on it, please let me know and we'll all sign a petition!

I spent most the day Monday cleaning my house then Theresa invaded! When I mentioned to her that my house was a bomb since her arrival she said, "Mom, I had foot surgery, not a lifestyle change"! Little brat!

Anyway, this is it for now.....me signing off and looking forward to Saturday when I get to take Theresa home! If anyone can come over and help in the meantime, I'll give you a dollar!

3 comments:

poopie said...

hehehe that is AWESOME!! You guys crack me up, and just think, just when you get your house back I will invade, and Theresa's mess has NOTHING on me!! I hope Chi is doing well, and you better spoil that girl, she deserves it. You would think foot surgery is torture enough, but then slap a week with MOM!?! COME ON! give the poor girl a break!! I LOVE YOU!

McRae Family said...

Hahaha, That poopie is so funny. You're right though, I would never say your breakfast makes me sick...I love being there in the morning when you make me yummy breakfast.

Chipsie said...

You guys wouldn't believe it but mom was very kind with what she has blogged, I am way worse of a patient. I thought me being a single indipendant girl I really wouldn't need much help from mom, but I was so wrong, I'm surprised mom hasn't yelled at me yet, she has been so kind and patient to this girl. I am so thankful for family and especially my mom who has put up a lot with me this week and is still so kind as iam so a pain, I am driving myself crazy I really don't know how she hasn't started screeming get that girl out of my house. Mom thanks for all of your love, I love you so much, Valerie my soon to be nurse you have a lot to learn from mom, everytime I have gone to the hospital it has been the nurses who were so kind, mom has beat them all! I love you mom, thank you so much, I don't know what I would have done without you, I hope to be such a mom one day! Your blessed and eternally thankful daughter Theresa