Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Las Vegas Trip


Our trip to Vegas was so great. We had a really good time. We have decided that flying is the only way to go. It's faster for us to fly to Vegas than drive to Theresa's or Val's! Anyway, it was nice to get there so fast. When we got our car, we got an upgrade because I'm a travel agent! We went from a compact to a mid-size car for the same price. When we got our hotel, we got an upgrade because I'm a travel agent! We went from a standard room to a room on the corner which is not only bigger but has windows on two sides, and a jacuzzi tub. It was great! We also used my concierge service for all sorts of stuff.........to see if our flight was on time, how do we get from here to there, where is a Walmart. Sounds dumb but we loved it!


Friday night we went to a show and saw "American Superstars". It was so fun, and we had front row seats! We saw Elvis, Tim McGraw, Michael Jackson, Rod Stewart, and a couple others that I can't come up with right now! My favorite was Michael Jackson. I love watching him perform. He was a great entertainer! We sat next to a family from South Africa and had a nice visit with them before the show. After the show we went to Eldon's hotel room and visited with his family for a bit.


Our hotel room was on Freemont St. so we also watched the lights that first night. We barely made the last show! It was great. They had the whole thing to the song, "Bye Bye Miss. American Pie". We loved it. The light show is the reason we stay on Freemont and we only saw two shows the whole time we were there. Sad.


On Saturday morning we decided to have breakfast on our own so we went downstairs thinking we'd eat somewhere on Freemont St. They had a breakfast for $5.99 or a breakfast buffet for $6.49. We had already decided no buffets but then thought maybe we should because they would have fresh fruit. So we went for the buffet only to find out that it was now $11.99 because it was Saturday! Long story short, we went to the main strip and ended up not eating until after 11am and sharing a sub at Subway! We now know where Val gets her indecisivness from! Sorry Val.....it's your dad!


After "brunch" we decided to walk the strip. It was HOT but fun. I thought I did ok but I think I ended up with a touch of heatstroke. When we met everyone for dinner I hadn't eaten since subway and I felt like I was going to throw up and or pass out. So dad and I went and sat down rather than stand in line with everyone else. Cheri got me a drink (she had to threaten a waitress) and that made me feel alot better. So I think I was dehydrated. By the time we got our table I was much better but not feeling like a buffet. I did get one plate of food and did eat it.

But by then I was working on this horrible headache. I managed to stick it out for a couple of hours then had dad take me back to the hotel. We did have a great time there though. It's always fun being at dinner with Eldon and Cheri! I wish we could have had more time there.


Sunday we slept in until after eleven and freaked out because we were suppose to be out of the hotel by noon! Met the gang at Eldon't convention center and had a pot-luck lunch. That was fun. We said good-bye to Cheri and Jim (those crazy people drove). Then Eldon went back to class and we took Carol and Chevy to the Fashion Mall............where we watched a fashion show! Then back to their hotel. When Eldon got back they all went swimming and dad and I took a nap. After that we said our good-byes and left. Had dinner, returned the car, and sat at the airport for two hours waiting for our plane. Got home after 2am. Thank goodness dad had the day off because we slept till 11am again! Anyway, we had a good time! Thanks Theresa for staying with Sam and driving him all over hell's half acre!

1 comment:

McRae Family said...

It looks like a very fun trip. Maybe next time we go to vegas, we'll take you with. You always seem to find so much stuff to do. And isn't it dad who always makes fun of me for being so indecisive...what the heck?!?!? Anyway, hope you have a great day