Monday, September 29, 2008

Sixty Degrees In Prescott!


Dad and I planned all week to go to Prescott on Saturday and maybe even stay the night if we could find a hotel that was affordable. That's about as spontaneous as we get these days. Any-way we went, we stayed, we came home!


It was great fun! Mostly just nice to have some alone time with dad. The drive there was so nice. I LOVE Arizona.......unlike my older boys! I think Arizona is beautiful. I love the landscape, the mountains, the sunsets.......I love it all. I also love Ontario.......but right now we're talking Arizona!


It's neat watching the landscape change from desert to high desert. And every half hour or so I like to roll the window down and check the weather outside. It's so much cooling in Prescott than Phoenix. And the closer we got the more cloud cover there was.


At one point, dad and I were sitting on a bench on the cornor in Prescott and within 15 minutes the temperature went from 78 degrees to 66 degrees. We even sat in the rain for a couple of minutes.......more of a hard sprinkle than a rain, but it was fun. The clouds turned black, there was a bit of thunder (or as I like to call it, Funder), it rained a bit, and the temp dropped!


Anyway, we walked downtown Prescott for a couple of hours and enjoyed being outside in the nice weather. Dad even bought himself a hat! How unlike him, eh? Our day was fun, relaxed, and very enjoyable. We even went shopping at Target! My kind of day!


When we got up on Sunday morning, it was much warmer than the day before. We went to "Dogtoberfest". That was really cute. Dogs all over the place.


Sam stayed home on his own and had a good time also. We got home in time to take him to church. Then I called Sarah and her and I were on the phone ALL evening! Over four hours talking, sharing photos, and playing pool on the computer. It was great fun. By the end, poor Sarah just wanted to hang up, shower, and go to bed. But Sam, who was now home from church, convinced her to play one game of pool with him so he could beat her (I couldn't). Long story short, SHE WON!


Cheri called last night and told us that Jim had a heart attack yesterday afternoon. I think he's ok now but keep him in your prayers.


Now it's Monday morning, dad and Sam have gone to work, and my day is also beginning. I'm looking forward to a great day! Love you all.








1 comment:

McRae Family said...

Thats a lot of phone time. I think I would have called it quits much earlier! Anyway, I'm jealous that you got to go on a little weekend trip, looks like it was a lot of fun. Where's all the dogtober pictures!?!