Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Hail" Freezes Over In Tolleson!

"





WOW...It's been a while. How time flies. I've thought about posting many times over the past couple of weeks but I think I figure I need a picture to go along with my post...so I haven't. Not that nothing has happened because it has...just no pictures.



Yesterday, however, I got pictures! I hope they work out on this blog. Anyway, Sam and I were sitting watching a movie ("Grace Is Gone", very sad but really good) and Barron was on the computer. I noticed it had started to sprinkle a bit and by the time I informed Barron to the time he acknowleded my comment it was POURING! Then we realized that there were little pieces of hail in the rain. Then the wind started and there were these little tapping sounds on the windows...just as we figured out the hail was now large enough to make a noise when hitting the window the speed and intesity of the hail picks up. It was a bit scary because they were hitting so fast and so hard that we were worried that a window might break! The storm only lasted for about 5-6 minutes but the rain was heavy enough that it almost crossed the road in front of the house and there was enough hail that we could scoop it up in our hands...it was the size of a large pea. I've never seen hail that big so it was exciting...especially to see it here in the valley! Anyway, hope you like the pictures!

2 comments:

poopie said...

FINALLY!!! Yeah photos are great, but it was getting painful waiting for a new blog from one of you guys!! I miss you! That is crazy you guys had hail that big! I have never seen hail that big before either, and i have lived in New York AND Louisiana. What the crap! I love you mommy!

Chipsie said...

wow holy hail!